A bit about my skillset
I have experience researching at Sandia National Laboratories, The Walt Disney Company, multiple universities, and independently.
I am passionate about process acceleration. I've applied algorithmic optimization to real-world environments ranging from coastal power distribution systems to my calendar. Webapps, databases, and algorithm development- I'm there.
I'm curious about how to apply my quantitative and development skills to other fields, spanning medical device design to political science and policy analysis.
Where I've been:
Amazon Robotics - Blink
Embedded Software EngineerJune 2021 - Present
Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute
Research InternMay 2020 - August 2020
Walt Disney Attraction Technologies
Machine Learning and Data Science InternMay 2019 - August 2019
Sandia National Laboratories
Power System Optimization InternJune 2018 - October 2018
Lean On Me Peer Support @ MIT
Power System Optimization InternJune 2017 - February 2018
The University of Texas at Austin
Teaching Assistant - Computing, Embedded Systems, AlgorithmsAugust 2018 - December 2019
Some of my work:
PowerFlowy - The First Unofficial Workflowy REST API, with Integrations
- Developed REST API for service with over 2 million users using Flask, Heroku.
- Added custom functionality to integrate with Todoist.
(09/2020 - 05/2020)
- Led development for community-oriented educational platform, connecting students to peer tutors, forums, and course-specific help.
- Managed and guided team of 8 for over 5 months to develop software and outreach strategies.
Beatris: An Evil Tetris – Data Science Lab Final Project
(11/2019 - 12/2019)
- Augmented existing Tetris AI implementation to improve average score by over 840%.
- Designed Deep-Q Network based AI that gives players the least optimal piece, reducing player score by over 85%.
- Medium blog post published at [bit.ly/BeatrisAI].
Automated Table Management System – The Walt Disney Company Datathon Project
- Prototyped an interactive dashboard to service real-time reservations and walk-ins. (Python, Dash)
- Designed algorithm to optimize waiter load balancing and reduce wasted seats, lowering Guest wait-times by 62%. (Python)
TANKS Real-Time Strategy Videogame – Introduction to Embedded Systems Final Project
(03/2018 - 05/2018)
- Designed a chatroom program in Java supporting individual and group messaging among multiple users across a network.
- Applied asynchronous processing, networking protocols, frontend interface design, backend server routing mechanisms.
Chatroom Software – Software Engineering II Final Project
(11/2018 - 12/2018)
- Developed hardware & software systems for videogame on the TI TM4C123 microcontroller. (C++, Assembly)
- Implemented physics engine, graphics framework, procedural stage generation, and UART communication protocol.